Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2010

No I'm Not God

I don't know how long it takes for some people to realize that just because I'm so smart, it doesn't mean I have like.... godly powers or anything.

Maybe intelligence is a gift, but only in the early years. Intelligence can be gained with commitment and determination; it can be lost without the two. It's all a question of which you choose to do.

So maybe I was born a curious, intelligent child, but what ultimately is that coming from? It's curiousity... The seeking of wanting to learn more for the sake of learning more... The hope for answers in the search of the million year old questions... Why are we here? WHY do we live? What's the meaning of living? The same questions man asked on his first moment here.

The problem is not everyone seeks to learn for the sake of learning, know for the sake of knowing. Most people are quite contented with knowing that they have a sense of knowlege... And assume that those who have more have too much. It's not a hard assumption to come to, but it's also a very cold one... It shows that you don't seek to know, knowlege is not a conclusion you want, you just want to have fun by knowing that you can induce ignorance upon yourselves.

In the end, it all comes down. Maybe I'll be successful and be looking down upon those who called me a failure and sought to make an insult of me every time I did something wrong, every time I got a problem wrong on a math test, every time I knew something that was above their heads.

I'm okay with that. It doesn't really matter how it all comes down in the end to me, but I just want to become successful first... Become someone, the best person I can be. Be able to sit down at night and not look back and say "I should have been like...", "I could've done...", "I would be..." I want to be able to sit down and know that there's nothing I really have to regret... That I can be satisfied with being who I am.

These are my thoughts... If you want to live your life differently, there's no one telling you that you have to, but then again, no one ever told me I had to read so much, that I didn't have to fit in.

No comments:

Post a Comment